- Learn key definitions and classifications related to prevention.
- Develop an understanding of the evidence-based theories that form the foundation of primary prevention programs and services.
- Gain an understanding of how the Institute of Medicine’s (IOM) system of risk classification can be used to identify appropriate substance use disorder prevention services.
- Learn about SAMSHA’s six standard categories for prevention strategies, and how these services categories can be used to develop and implement prevention programs, services, and activities.
- Develop an understanding of the Strategic Prevention Framework (SFP) and how it is used to inform and evaluate the development and implementation of prevention programs, services, and activities.